Friday, October 10, 2008

Est. Time of Departure

We have 4 hours and counting until we leave to go to camp this weekend. This will be the first offical activity that the girls will work as program aides. They get to stay at one station the whole time and teach (or help) other younger girls how to do whatever the station is. Last year was great with the hayride and pumpkins and I'm really hoping that this year is a hit! It wasn't looking good a few weeks ago when we almost had to cancel due to lack of attendees. But we got more people so off we go.

For the last few weeks I've been teaching the program aide training and the camp prep/training for the girls that will be program aides at this event. We've had a blast (I think so anyway) learning and doing and leading (New GS model). Every girl that made all the meetings got their PA pin and 4 hr. toward PA patch. I just think this is way too cool.

I got my training for the obseratory on Tuesday night. Tonight is promising to be clear so we'll get to show the girls Jupiter, Saturn, Alphacentari, and all sorts of other deep space stuff. I can't wait. The best part of all that prep stuff the last few weeks is that the girls have little to do tonight so I can really keep them busy with the telescope for a while!!

Oh I forgot to mention that we made troop shirts... we tie-dyed them last night, they look really cool. Next up is ironing on the troop number. We'll wear them tomorrow and I'll try and post a pic later.

No comments: